Collaborating and Engaging
Working together to build strong businesses
As a not-for-profit organization we rely on community partners, private businesses and professionals to help us support local entrepreneurs in their business development.
Each year we work with dozens of community service organizations to introduce their clients to the possibility of self-employment and we enlist more than 70 private sector volunteers to provide expertise in seminars, mentorship groups, discussion panels, conferences and competitions.
If you work with clients considering self-employment, or are an experienced business professional who would like to assist new ventures we want to hear from you. Click on the appropriate category below to learn more.
Community Involvement in the Small Business Centre
- Are your clients considering self employment? We can help... Read More
- Get involved...share your expertise...help business owners succeed! Read More
- Showcase your success by giving back to the community... Read More
- Do you have a product or service that you feel would benefit our clients? Read More
- Community groups and organizations who want to learn more about the Centre and entrepreneurship... Read More
Community Partner Events
March 1Read More
Connect with local entrepreneurs & professionals, share ideas, and broaden your network of business contacts.
Sample fresh culinary creations made by the talented McGinnis team!
Advance Registration is Required!
Register by Monday, February 27, 2017.
March 8Read More
GST/HST Information for Small Business
The purpose of the presentation is to provide a general overview of how the GST/HST impacts your business operations.
• General Information
• Your GST/HST Account
• Collecting GST/HST
• GST/HST Return & Payment Options
• Quick & Simplified Methods of Accounting
and many more!!