Starter Company Plus Grant Program
The Starter Company Plus program provides business training to individuals over the age of 18 and grants up to $5,000 to start and grow new businesses. This program offers a limited number of grants to applicants who meet the program requirements.
Starter Company Plus provides:
- training and business skills development to help entrepreneurs prepare a Business Plan
- advice and guidance from a Small Business Centre Advisor to assist launching/growing the business
- if eligible, funds up to $5,000
- experience running a business that may better position you to obtain more traditional financing, such as a bank loan
Successful Completion Requires that You are:
- over the age of 18 and not in full time education
- operating an existing business for 3 years or less, proposing a new start-up business or purchasing an existing business
- a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident living in the county of Middlesex, Ontario
- prepared to commit to a minimum average of 35 hours to run your business
- not participating in any other government funded business training program currently or within the last 6 months
- maintain and provide appropriate monthly reports as required
- attend group mentoring sessions for 3 consecutive months upon receipt of grant
What type of business can you start?
Almost any type of business is eligible, as long as it:
- is a sole proprietorship or a partnership/corporation where the applicant will be the majority partner/shareholder
- full-time and year round operations as defined in the business plan
- maintains its own books and records
- is an independent business venture
- operates at arm's length from family business venture in Ontario
- maintains a separate business bank account, following government rules and regulations for operating a business
Interested in learning more about the Starter Company Plus program? Please attend one of the orientation sessions on the following dates:
Wednesday, August 23rd – 2:00pm
Monday, August 28th – 5:00pm
Thursday, September 7th – 10:00am
NOTE*** You must pre-register for these sessions as seating is limited!
To register, contact email@example.com or call 519-659-2882 ext. 0
Starter Company Plus Coordinator:
Phil Singeris - P: 519-659-2882 ext. 227 E: firstname.lastname@example.org.