BOARD DIRECTOR – SMALL BUSINESS CENTRE
A Call for Nominations!
The Small Business Centre is an integral, local not-for-profit organization that has served Londoners for more than three decades. The Centre’s mission includes providing a full range of support and services necessary to start and build a small business. Thousands of entrepreneurs have benefited from our Advisory services, Access to Professionals, Seminars, Networking Events, Library Resources, and Entrepreneurial Programs. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, success and to serving the people of our community.
To stimulate, promote and support the entrepreneurial spirit, including the start up and early growth of small businesses that actively contribute to the economic development of London.
The Board is seeking two new Directors who demonstrate the following:
- Enthusiastic and committed individuals with demonstrated leadership expertise. It would be beneficial to have expertise in one or more of the following: Human Resources Management, Strategic Planning, Not-For-Profit Management, General Business Management.
- Engaged professionals from the community who are interested in contributing their skills, attributes and area(s) of expertise to govern the Small Business Centre so that it continues to efficiently carry out it’s mission in support of entrepreneurs and the London economy.
- The ability to logically assess, ask good catalytic questions an offer insight or advice from a governance perspective.
- A proven aptitude to gain an understanding, empathize, respectfully challenge and encourage, to help the organization maximize its capability.
- Previous Board experience is an asset, but it is not required.
- The ability to contribute to a strong Board team and engage the collective mind through varying opinions.
In addition to pre-reading, 1 ½ hours per month for meetings (currently being conducted virtually), during the day, from September to June. Each Board member will also sit on a Committee which will meet approximately once per Quarter. The term for sitting on the Board is 3 years.
Interested candidates are invited to apply in writing to Jasmine Lai at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Board Application’ in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. We request that applicants attach their resumes or personal biography summaries.
For more information on Small Business Centre, do not hesitate to contact us, or visit the website at www.sbcentre.ca