Collaborating and Engaging
Working together to build strong businesses
As a not-for-profit organization we rely on community partners, private businesses and professionals to help us support local entrepreneurs in their business development.
Each year we work with dozens of community service organizations to introduce their clients to the possibility of self-employment and we enlist more than 70 private sector volunteers to provide expertise in seminars, mentorship groups, discussion panels, conferences and competitions.
If you work with clients considering self-employment, or are an experienced business professional who would like to assist new ventures we want to hear from you. Click on the appropriate category below to learn more.
Community Involvement in the Small Business Centre
- Are your clients considering self employment? We can help... Read More
- Get involved...share your expertise...help business owners succeed! Read More
- Showcase your success by giving back to the community... Read More
- Do you have a product or service that you feel would benefit our clients? Read More
- Community groups and organizations who want to learn more about the Centre and entrepreneurship... Read More
Community Partner Events
March 27Read More
The Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade Labour will be hosting an information session at our Centre to provide our guests with a general overview of the Employment Standards Act featuring Bill 47 updates. Back by popular demand!
Bookkeeping Best Practices for Small Business Owners - April 10, 2019
Wed, Apr 10th @ 9:15 am - 12:15 pmRead More
Whether you're doing the books yourself or need to be sufficiently organized to delegate this crucial part of your business, this seminar will guide you through everything you need to know about bookkeeping!
April 17Read More
Representatives from Canada Revenue Agency will provide you with a seminar on GST/HST for Small Business.
This free information session is directed towards Small Business Entrepreneurs; the purpose of the presentation is to provide a general overview of how the GST/HST impacts your business operations
• General Information
• Your GST/HST Account
• Collecting GST/HST
• GST/HST Return & Payment Options
• Quick & Simplified Methods of Accounting
and many more!!