Scale Up! Construction/Trades Sector Program
Construction Trades Accelerator Program
The London Small Business Centre in conjunction with the Ontario government's Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, are offering "Scale Up", a program designed to assist growing construction/trades businesses in London. Scale Up provides training and grants of up to $5000 to eligible participants who meet the requirements and successfully complete the program.
Eligible Participants must be:
- 18 years of age or older and not in full time education
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident operating their business on a full-time basis within Middlesex County
- Operating an existing construction/trades business (which is an independent business venture operating at arm's length from family business ventures in Ontario)
- Operating a business which is registered as a sole proprietorship or Partnership or Corporation where the applicant will be the majority shareholder
- Have invested a minimum of $5,000 to their business
- Are planning to hire new employees within one year
- The program provides training and coaching through the Small Business Centre, paired with advice & mentorship from local entrepreneurs to assist & support your business.
- The opportunity to apply for a grant to launch or grow your business through comprehensive training and preparation of a complete business plan including financials as well as the experience of running a successful business that may help you obtain more traditional business financing, such as bank loan if you so require in the future.
- You may be eligible to receive up to $5,000 in grant funding to put towards your business. Restrictions on use of grant funding will apply.
***The amount of grant funding is based on strength of the business plan, economic impact (jobs created), personal investment and long-term sustainability. The number of grants available is limited.
For additional information contact Phil Singeris: