Scale Up! Main Street Retail Program
Main Street Retail Accelerator Program
The London Small Business Centre in conjunction with the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, are offering “Main Street Retail”, a program designed to assist growing businesses and businesses that are ready to pivot and were impacted by COVID-19 in London. Main Street Retail provides training and grants up to $5000 to eligible participants who meet the requirements and successfully complete the program.
Eligible participants must be:
- 18 years of age or older not in full time education
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident operating their business on a full-time basis within Middlesex County
- Invested a minimum of $5,000 and is ready and able to scale the business by pivoting, expanding or hiring
- Operating for 5 yrs. or less, a main street retail business, (which is an independent business venture operating at arm’s length from family business ventures in Ontario)
- Operating a business which is registered as a sole proprietorship or Partnership or Corporation where the applicant will be the majority shareholder
The program provides training and coaching through the Small Business Centre, paired with advice & mentorship from local entrepreneurs to assist & support your business.
The opportunity to apply for a grant to pivot or grow their existing business through comprehensive training and preparation of a complete business plan including financials as well as the experience of running a successful business that may help you obtain more traditional business financing, such as bank loan if you so require in the future. You may be eligible to receive up to $5,000 in grant funding to put towards your business. Restrictions on use of grant funding will apply.
***The amount of grant funding is based on strength of the business plan, economic impact (jobs created), personal investment and long-term sustainability. The number of grants available is limited.
Attend the online information session on Wednesday, September 15th to learn more about the program, eligibility and application requirements.
For additional information contact Vicky Heredia