Starter Company Plus Grant Program
Interested in applying for the Starter Company Plus Grant program?
Click here to download, save, and complete the Grant Application fillable form, and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline which is Thursday, October 4th at 11:59 p.m.
There will be one orientation session on Friday, September 28th at 10:00 a.m. to answer any questions about the program and/or the grant application. Due to the high volume of interest for this grant program at this time, we are unable to provide any further one-on-one consultations in support of the application. It is highly encouraged that you attend the orientation session for assistance.
**Advance registration is required please email email@example.com to register.
The Starter Company Plus program provides business training to individuals over the age of 18 and grants up to $5,000 to start and grow new businesses. This program offers a limited number of grants to applicants who meet the program requirements.
Starter Company Plus provides:
- training and business skills development to help entrepreneurs prepare a Business Plan
- advice and guidance from a Small Business Centre Advisor to assist launching/growing the business
- if eligible, funds up to $5,000
- experience running a business that may better position you to obtain more traditional financing, such as a bank loan
Successful Completion Requires that You are:
- over the age of 18 and not in full time education
- operating an existing business for 3 years or less, proposing a new start-up business or purchasing an existing business
- a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident living in the county of Middlesex, Ontario
- prepared to commit to a minimum average of 35 hours to run your business
- not participating in any other government funded business training program currently or within the last 6 months
- maintain and provide appropriate monthly reports as required
- attend group mentoring sessions for 3 consecutive months upon receipt of grant
What type of business can you start?
Almost any type of business is eligible, as long as it:
- is a sole proprietorship or a partnership/corporation where the applicant will be the majority partner/shareholder
- full-time and year round operations as defined in the business plan
- maintains its own books and records
- is an independent business venture
- operates at arm's length from family business venture in Ontario
- maintains a separate business bank account, following government rules and regulations for operating a business