Advanced Business Seminar Series
These 3 hours seminars are offered each month to help business owners increase their knowledge on business related topics.
Subject matter experts are enlisted to present the sessions and share their expertise
- Customer Relations & Retention
- Google AdWords
- Income Tax
- Press Releases & Publicity
- Social Media Marketing
Cost to attend is $30 (unless stated otherwise in individual event listings)
NOTE: A free parking pass will be provided upon registration for your convenience.
HR Essentials: Hiring and Staff Management - January 15th 2020
Wed, Jan 15th @ 10:00 am
- Small Business Centre
This seminar will provide an overview of the key elements of Human Resources as they impact small business, with a focus on minimizing risk and avoiding pitfalls.
Our subject matter expert Lise Maclean, MBA, CHRP, will answer your burning questions and provide valuable tips that will save you time and money.
- How do you know if it is time to hire?
- Understanding the difference between employees and contractors
- The risks of informal hiring practices
- Following the law and effective onboard of new hires
- Mismanaging staff and avoiding costly mistakes
- Knowing when and where to get expert help!
Who Should Attend?:
- Entrepreneurs/small business owners
- Staff who are responsible for Human Resources, but who are not trained HR professionals
- Presented by:
- Lise Maclean, MBA, CHRP
- 379 Dundas Street, Unit 220
- Register by:
- Jan 14, 2020
Upcoming Seminars or Workshops
January 15Read More
Discover how to minimize the risk for your small business, and avoid costly mistakes!