Building a Construction Trades Business - Navigating the Regulatory Compliance
Navigate the regulatory compliance of running a successful construction trades business!
Are you someone interested in building/growing/developing a construction trades business? Do you want to be your own boss? Are you an individual with a strong work ethic and trades skill?
Hosted by the Small Business Centre, this 3-hour seminar will provide you with an overview of many regulations impacting businesses in this industry. You will have the opportunity to meet and learn from representatives from Service Business London, Chartered Tax Accountants and Insurance Professionals
- Construction Trades Businesses that require a Municipal Licence
- Building Permits – when are they required?
- What permits do I need to block off a sidewalk to complete work?
- Can I park my work vehicle in a metered parking space or loading zone if I am working on a building nearby?
- Signage – what are the rules for placing a sign on a residential front lawn? Size of sign? How long can it stay there? Signage for work on Commercial properties
- Operating my construction trades business from home – can I park my work vehicle in my driveway, what about on the street when permitted. Can I park a trailer on my property? Restrictions on size of trailer?
- Am I allowed to use my home garage or basement as a workshop for my construction trades business? What restrictions or regulations are there?
- What are the liability and insurance requirements for my business?
- Should I register for HST? What are the benefits?
- Income tax considerations
- WSIB considerations
Date: Tuesday, February 4th, 2020
Time: 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Cost: Free! (seating is limited!)
Location: Small Business Centre, 379 Dundas Street, Unit 220